Sunday, September 10, 2006

What reminds me of you...

Whenever I talk to our friends from high school, I get reminded of you. I don't really like remembering you because memories of you make me wish things had been different. That's why I don't like going to reunions. That's why I try to avoid seeing high school friends. But, whenever I do end up with some of our high school friends, I have a masochistic tendency to talk about you. It's a bit frustrating considering my best friend is also one of your best friends.


Whenever I hear any of the songs you love to song, I get reminded of you. I don't really like remembering you because memories of you make me wish I hadn't done the things I did. I don't bother trying to avoid the songs you so love. They're all over the place. I just minimize my chances of hearing them. I don't listen to the car radio anymore (not that it's that big of a difference, I rarely turn it on, anyway). But, there are some nights that I want to angst about us so I play an MP3 that you probably have on your celphone playlist and reminisce.


Everything reminds me about you. I like remembering you because memories of you make me warm and fuzzy inside. I like hearing your name, smelling the scent of your cologne. I often wear that shirt you gave me to sleep. I call you often. I love the sound of your voice. I know that it bothers you that I cling onto you like some wet dishrag. Sorry, it's just that whenever I remember you, I seem to forget all those other things I'm trying to forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home